Thursday, October 25, 2007

Spiritual Journey

Exert from Pat Rohach, Director of WISC
http://womenministryleaders.blogspot.com

"See how I love your precepts; preserve my life, O LORD, according to your love. All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal" Psalm 119:159

Over the past year I spent most of my free time, or more realistically, all my free time working on a dissertation project. Free time was at a minimum for me and now that this season of structure is returning to my life I am contemplating the depth of my spiritual life. I look around and see the order of the world, the preparation for changing seasons and ask myself am I growing deeper? Did I use so much time focused on my personal project of school, that I cheated myself from the intimacy with God during that time. In evaluating that, I find that I am in need of a deepening with God, a sort of going to the next level. So, how do I get there? The pathway is in the Living Word of God. It is imperative to be in the Word, studying and meditating as often as possible. The accountability of a regular, scheduled Bible Study with a group of believers provides the right incentive to stay committed to the goal of study.

I would like to invite you to join me on the spiritual journey to the next level.

No comments: