Thursday, May 22, 2008

Who are you Becoming?

As a Life Coach, I'm blessed with the opportunity to help women discover and begin living into their God-given life purpose. Usually that purpose involves "doing" something. However, for the last few months God has been reminding me that He is far more concerned with who we are becoming that what we're doing for Him. So, I've been on this personal quest to define who I want to become and legacy I hope to leave behind.

I recently discovered several amazing quotes in Andy Stanley's book The Next Generation Leader.

"We set young leaders up for a fall if we encourage them to envision what they can do before they consider the kind of person they should be." R. Ruth Barton

"Your gifts and determination may dictate your potential, but it is your character that will determine your legacy." Andy Stanley

In the book, Andy challenges readers to define their personal definition of success and says, "Ultimately success is defined in terms of who you are and how you treat the people around you."

Thoughts to Ponder:

1) What is your personal definition of success?

2) Who are you becoming?

3) Who do you want to be?

Blog with me this week about this topic. I'll be sharing more about my personal journey and what God has been teaching me about who I want to become and my personal definition of success.

© Kelly Thorne 2008

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a young person, success to me used to be defined by the career you had, the house you owned, the car you drove and the money you had. However, years ago God started showing me that true success was defined by the way we lived and how we interacted with people. The material things don't measure our success but how we are living and imitating Christ defines our success.
I hope I am becoming and desire to become the woman God wants me to be - still haven't figured it all but He is slowly showing me.

Sandra said...

Your blessings will be immeasurable if you embrace and become a helper of mankind. We need to teach lessons of respect and kindness to others. I would rather our children be revered for their esteem than their power.