Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What Do I Know About Holy? by Tara McClenahan


Holiness seems like such a vague and unattainable goal sometimes. God's Word says:

I Peter 1:14-16 NASB
14As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance,

15but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior;

16because it is written, "YOU SHALL BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY."

I read this and think, "God, You have Your work cut out for You!" But then I read passages like Colossians 1:21-23 NASB:

"21And although you were formerly alienated and hostile in mind, engaged in evil deeds,

22yet He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach--

23if indeed you continue in the faith firmly established and steadfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel that you have heard, which was proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, was made a minister."

Passages like this one really make me realize even more how much Christ did on the cross! HE did the work to present me holy and blameless before the Father. Yes, we must surrender to Him but He even gives us the grace to do that! He gives us everything we need to do what He desires us to do! Doesn't that make you want to THANK HIM?

I heard this song titled "What Do I Know of Holy?" by Addison Road. Check out the video here and the lyrics here. I pray it stirs a reverential awe of God and His holiness and a profound acceptance of and gratefulness for what Jesus did on the cross out of His boundless love for us.

What area of your life or character are you willing to surrender to Him to mold into His holy image? Commit this to Him and then pray for the power of His grace to be your strength!

Share your thoughts with me!

No comments: