Saturday, December 19, 2009

Fun, Meaningful Activities You can Use NOW! by Betsy Ringer


Yes, kids DO appreciate meaningful activities during the holidays! My kids have often told me they value the ideas I’ve had to make our holidays special.

In fact, the other day I told a friend of mine how to make Reindeer sandwiches. Cut the sandwich in half diagonally; put two stick pretzels between the slices of bread along the long side of the triangle. Then use two green M&M’s for the eyes and a red on for the nose. She did that and sent the Reindeer sandwich with her HIGH SCHOOL JUNIOR boy to school!!! After school he told her it was such a fun surprise! He said he even kept one half of it and showed it to everyone in the afternoon saying, “Look what my mom did!” Now what mom wouldn’t want that kind of recognition?!

I have put together a collection of fun and meaningful activities for the holidays. It includes:
• Conversation starters: great questions for the dinner table. Just print out the sheet, cut the strips of questions, fold and place in a basket. Each person draws out a question. One person answers then each person at the table answers that question. Then move to the next person.
• Fun and meaningful activities to do with kids AND teens!
• Recipes – easy and yummy.
• A Christmas Eve (or Christmas Day) family service.

Very simply you can DOWNLOAD 11 pages of ideas. It’s so easy and only costs $5! Just CLICK HERE

I have one other recommendation. Andrea Bocceli’s new Christmas CD is fantastic!! I cry just listening to him! He has several duets – one with Reba McEntire, one with Natalie Cole. My favorite is “What Child is This” that he does with Mary J. Blige. I got my copy at Starbuck’s but I have seen it at Target and Wal Mart. You can even just download it from iTunes. It’s called, “Andrea Bocelli My Christmas.” Enoy.

Wishing you all Merry Christmas from the iBloom team.

No comments: