Friday, December 10, 2010

The Little Joys of the Season by Tara McClenahan, The Christian Mommy Mentor

Hello there!

How are your holiday preparations coming along? I pray you aren't frazzled and overwhelmed. I've had to force myself to pay attention to the little joys of the season and invite you to do the same.

Here are just a few from our home to yours:
  • The joy of discovery and flood of memories as we unpacked the ornaments from their boxes to trim the tree
  • The awe on Little Man's face as he lay beneath the Christmas tree marveling at the lights and ornaments from that perspective
  • The hilarious "uh-oh" when Little Man found a present hidden in a closet
  • The feeling of shared delight as we sipped our first hot chocolate of the season and the giggles as we saw each others whipped cream mustaches
  • The excitement of leafing through a toy catalog yet tempering that with lessons of "need vs. want"
  • The understanding that dawned on my son's face when I shared that we would be helping out some families that don't have food, blankets and beds. He said sadly, "Mommy, I don't know how to help them." I replied, "Jesus will show us how and we will help them together!" He joyfully wrapped his arms around me and said, "Thank you, Mommy! We''ll help them togedder!"


Take five minutes by the Christmas tree and make your own list of little joys from the Christmas season thus far. Slow down, pay attention and soak them in!

Blessings to you and your family!

Tara & Little Man

No comments: