Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Make a Joyful Noise...

My morning drive to work takes about 25 to 30 minutes depending upon traffic. It’s the only time that I am alone during the day and it’s a good time to think about the day ahead or compile a “To Do” list to my “memory bank” or it’s just a good time to sing…and sing loud!

My morning commute is great entertainment for other drivers each day. Many of them catch me in mid-song at red lights (I’m an animated singer). Some may point, laugh or stare, but most smile knowingly because they are quite guilty of the same pleasure many times in their lives.

Some singers are famous. Some singers sing in a choir at church. Some singers sing their children lullabies at bedtime. Some singers sing to be joyful.

Singing can bring joy, peace, love, comfort, and happiness into our hearts. Remember hearing the bible verse “bring a joyful noise unto the Lord” when you were young? What better way to glorify the Lord than by singing his praises daily.

Let’s all become singers and sing a joyful song to the Lord each day.

"Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs." Psalm 100:2

By: Sandra Harris Frey

No comments: