Wednesday, June 10, 2009

SPECIAL DELIVERY by Leigh Ann Napier

Have you ever had this happen to you?

  • You get a call from a friend who says exactly what you needed to hear, right when you needed to hear it most
  • You run into someone you haven’t seen in a long time and you know that had you been 5 seconds later, you wouldn’t have seen them
  • You get a card in the mail that just makes your day
  • You are seated next to someone on a plane who shares wonderful information with you about something you are working on
  • Or (one of my personal favorites) a song plays on the radio that expresses your heart and offers you hope for what you are going through

These “happenings” are little gifts from God. They are little reminders to show you that God is a God of details. He cares about you beyond your capacity to understand. He loves you more that you could ever comprehend. God, who created the Universe and everyone and everything in it, knows and cares about YOU to the point of orchestrating other peoples’ errands, the mail truck, the seating chart, traffic, the playlist on your iPod or radio. Details…God is into the details.

Are you noticing these gifts? Are you recognizing when you get a care package from God? Sometimes we don’t even see them. Don’t appreciate God’s creativity in sending us an instant message. Some things that can block the message:

  • Being too busy
  • Running late…always in a rush
  • Focusing on our problems more than our God

Be sure you are accepting deliveries! Look for God to show up. Expect Him to show you His love. Then remember to thank Him and pass on that love to others. They’re desperate for it.

Take a minute and share a “Special Delivery” you have received. Click on "Comments" below.

Leigh Ann is an Associate with iBloom. She helps you plant seeds for a fruitful, loving and lasting marriage. Click here to visit her bio page.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am especially grateful for the countless ways God has been IM'ing me and sending special deliveries since my husband lost his job. There have been huge ways in which he has shown Himself, and many,many small ways. Many of the things I may have just chalked up to coindence in the past, but now understand it is God working in my life. What a treat to see/experience. And with each doubt I may have about our circumstances, he presents Himself to verify to me that "no worries", He has a plan and He will work it out in His time. And each and every time he does this, my faith grows stronger. Praise God!

Naomi Moss said...

The other day, as I was reading my devotional book, something struck me as urgent. What I read was not for me, but a friend. It was clear God wanted me to share. So I called her with the quote from the book. She said that it was 1 of 3 messages she got from God about the same time that day, all telling her the same thing--not to give up, not to worry, and keep praying in her circumstance.

I was on the giving end of the 'gift', not the receiving end. But I was just as blessed as my friend through the same message from God. I hope that when others find themselves in a similar situation, they don't pause, but immediately act on and in the Holy Spirit. That immediate obedience is crucial to absolute faith! When on the receiving end, know that the other person stepped out in faith to write, call, or touch you they way she (or he)did. Oh to see God work in all the details just amazes me!

LaShawn said...

Interestingly, I received a wonderful gift today when I attended iNurture. I was there to 'work' as a vendor and had no idea I would have the opportunity to worship and listen in on the sessions...and boy was I blessed!! When I walked into the lobby and saw no tables, I was shocked--then, the wonderful hostesses directed me inside the worship area where the band was signing one of my favorite worship songs! It changed my whole perspective on the day!! Thans, iBloom!