Saturday, September 19, 2009

Overwhelmed? Take charge!!! by Betsy Ringer


I used to have two speeds: fast forward and stop. My energy level and ability to get an extraordinary amount of work done was just short of phenomenal. When my feet hit the floor in the morning I went nonstop, full speed ahead until I hit the bed at night. Yet no matter how fast I worked, there was always more to do. I seemed to work harder, faster, more furiously at my job and all evening at home. I was bright-spirited and loved working hard so I didn’t think too much about it. Then my body totally stopped. Shut down. Refused to function. I couldn’t get out of bed in the morning and when I finally forced myself, it was all I could do to drag to the shower and get dressed. I lasted about two hours, then my brain could no longer think or make a decision. Being around people proved to be stimulus overload for me and my body, mind and spirit shut off like a computer denied of power.


I discovered I had Adrenal Fatigue; a condition that results when the amount of strain placed on your body, mind and spirit overextends the capacity of your built in mechanism to compensate and recover from the stress. I had chosen to live an overextended lifestyle and my body revolted.


The short version is that it took a year and a half to get my body back on track. The pituitary, hypothalamus and endocrine system had to recalibrate during an extremely tedious process. I had to overhaul how I lived my life.


Years before this health episode, I had created a Life Guide Statement which identified the important and valuable components of my life that brought vitality and spanned age, stage, and career choices. My Life Guide Statement was designed to refresh my soul and help me make wise lifestyle choices. The problem was, I had ignored it, fooled myself into thinking I would pay attention to it “next month,” and given in to societal demands. Had I been true to my Life Guide Statement and made choices that would allow me to live life the way I KNEW I needed to, I would have bypassed this devastating blow to my body, mind and spirit.


My Life Guide Statement is “Exalt and encounter God, take a risk, savor the moments and live intentionally.” These components bridge my family, satisfying work, bold fun, and meaningful relationships.


Overwhelm, exhaustion, fatigue, unwise lifestyle choices, and giving in to societal expectations are an epidemic among women. You CAN take charge by creating your own LIFE GUIDE STATEMENT. I can help. Join me in my phone class where I will walk you through the process of developing your very own Life Guide Statement. In the comfort of your home or at your desk at work you can take this class by phone. Click here to register and I will send you your call in number, a link to a five minute movie to watch, and the book that will be your guide during our class. After the class, I will correspond with you by email to help you finish your Life Guide Statement.


If you can't make it at that time, register anyway and after the class we will send you the recording so you can follow along. You will be able email with me to complete your Life Guide Statement.



My desire is for women to make healthy choices to live the vital life they were designed to live. Begin your freedom from overwhelm today!


Betsy Ringer is an Associate with iBloom. Learn more about her and invite her to speak to your group.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Betsy,
I cannot wait to listen to the class and write my own Life Guide Statement! I am convinced it can be a powerful "realignment" tool in life!

Tara