Wednesday, September 16, 2009

PART 2 Five Important Questions to Ask Yourself Before 2009 Slips Away… for good! By Betsy Ringer

Part 2

Yesterday we started thinking about how we can make sure we finish well in 2009 and go confidently into 2010. I asked you to consider the following questions:

1. If Year 2009 could whisper something to you, what would it say?

2. What is your soul yearning for?

3. If you could accomplish just ONE thing before 2010 what would it be?


I hope you took time to thoughtfully answer those questions. If you didn’t get a chance to yet, go back to yesterday’s blog and work through those questions.


Now, I have two more for you. Again, think through them and write down your answers.


4. What is ONE step you can take to simplify your life? Plain and simple: what can you declutter, what can you wipe off your calendar, what task can you streamline to make life less complicated?

5. How can you prepare NOW to make sure you finish 2009 and start 2010 the way you truly want to live? Years ago I created a Life Guide Statement which identified the important and valuable components of my life that brought vitality and spanned age, stage, and career choices. My Life Guide Statement was designed to refresh my soul and help me make wise lifestyle choices. Being an overachiever, often living my life in overwhelm, I have often neglected my Life Guide Statement. However, I have suffered the misery of that neglect enough times now, that it has become automatic to pay attention to that feeling that bubbles up in me and almost screams, “You’re doing it AGAIN!!” At that point, I review my Life Guide Statement to see what’s missing. When I review my Life Guide Statement and make the necessary adjustments, life swings back into fulfillment mode.


My Life Guide Statement is “Exalt and encounter God, take a risk, savor the moments and live intentionally.” These components bridge my family, satisfying work, bold fun, and meaningful relationships. You can develop your own simple and straightforward Life Guide Statement. It’s different from a mission statement and purpose statement which identify things to “do.” Your Life Guide Statement is more focused on how you live day in and day out in a way that fills your soul, moves you from mediocre to meaningful daily living and brings out the life vitality you long for.

I invite you to take action NOW to develop your very own Life Guide Statement. I am offering a teleclass – you sit in the comfort of your home and call in by phone! – entitled “How to Write a Compelling Life Guide Statement.” During this teleclass, you will be led through a process to develop your very own Life Guide Statement. The cost of the teleclass includes:

· A handbook that will be used during the class

· A review of your Life Guide Statement in a follow up email

· A recording that guides you through the process if you would like to review it after the class

This process helps you identify specific ways your inner core yearns to experience life a vibrant way. By creating a personalized compass-like statement you will have a guide to help you begin living the life you truly want to live.

The teleclass is offered:

Tuesday, September 22, 11AM – 12:30 PM Eastern time.

Go to http://www.ibloom.us/news-events.html to sign up. If you can’t attend the class, go ahead and register and we will send you the handout and recording of the class so you can walk through developing your own Life Guide Statement. You will also be able to send your Life Guide Statement to me for review and comments.

If you don’t want to wait until the class, purchase it now by going to http://www.ibloom.us/store.html. You will receive an audio download and a booklet, but not the class recording.

Take action now to finish 2009 well and be prepared to live 2010 the way you’ve always wanted to live. Life is not a dress rehearsal. It is a precious gift. The Holy Spirit works within us to guide us and align us with God’s desire for our lives. Take time today to reflect and hear what the core of your being is saying.

Psalm 90:12 NIV “Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.”

Click here to share steps you are going to take to finish strong in 2009.

No comments: